THE MOST EXCITING WAY TO SEE THE DAINTREE RAINFOREST
One of Queensland’s “must do” experiences, Jungle Surfing Canopy Tours are set on a private rainforest reserve in Cape Tribulation, a scenic 2 hours’ drive from Port Douglas and 3 hours from Cairns. Our multi award-winning tours takes you on a unique zipline experience where your feet don’t touch the ground!
The Jungle Surfing experience consists of a series of five eco-friendly platforms and six flying fox ziplines that gives you extraordinary access to the canopy of the ancient Daintree Rainforest. The platforms range from 7 to 16 metres above the ground and each one reveals different layers of the rainforest.
The tour starts with the “Human Hamster Wheel”, our ingenious and interactive winch used to propel your small group of jungle surfers from the ground up to the first tree platform. Then you’ll glide through the canopy with 360 degrees views over the treetops, down to cascading streams and out to the Great Barrier Reef.
The ziplines range from 37-95m and are travelled in pairs except for one solo flight across a rainforest creek – upside down if you dare! The final span to the ground features side-by-side racing ziplines with speeds over 45km/h or you can choose to take the whole thing slow and steady. Don’t forget your camera as there are some incredible photo opportunities up in the trees.
Our expert guides accompany you every step of the way controlling all equipment and flight so there’s no experience or tuition necessary. And throughout the tour, the guides tell the fascinating story of world’s oldest rainforest.
The two-hour Jungle Surfing tour runs in all weathers with at least one hour up in the rainforest canopy. The tour is suitable for all ages from 3 to 103! Tours depart up to twelve times a day from Cape Tribulation or you can join action-packed full day tour from Cairns, Northern Beaches and Port Douglas.
Check-in for all Jungle Surfing tours is at the Jungle Adventure Centre (JAC), and we offer courtesy transfers to the JAC from accommodation around Cape Tribulation.BOOK NOW
THE TOUR CIRCUIT
Tours depart from the Jungle Adventure Centre daily at:
Check in at least 10 minute before tour departure. For a transfer from your Cape Tribulation hotel see timetable below:
Check-in for all Jungle Surfing tours is at the Jungle Adventure Centre (JAC), and we offer courtesy transfers to the JAC from accommodation around Cape Tribulation. Please note that there are specific departures for each resort and not every tour has a pick up at every resort, so please check the list below to pick the best departure for you.
|Jungle Surfing Tour||Cape Trib Beach House||Cape Trib Camping||Ferntree Rainforest Lodge|
NB. Guests staying at PK’s Jungle Village, Cape Trib Farmstay & Jungle Lodge should meet at Jungle Adventure Centre which is just a few minutes walk from your accommodation.
- Jungle Surfing is the adventure activity for all ages from 3 -103, so the whole family can enjoy the thrill of flying through the rainforest.
- Our smallest child harnesses fit the average three years old upwards and the adult harness is suitable for persons up to 120kg (260lbs or approximately 19 stone).
- Jungle Surfing is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Jungle Surfing is a unique activity where the guides control your flight so no prior experience or specific fitness is required. There is a 250m walk to the first platform along a narrow forest trail, boardwalk and steps, and a short walk from the final platform to the harnessing centre.
- If you have restricted mobility or are concerned about a specific medical condition, please contact us prior to the tour and we will be happy to discuss your requirements and make our best efforts to accommodate you.
- Please note that children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult and all persons under 18 years must have our Medical Declaration & Waiver Release signed by a parent or guardian prior to the tour.
- Jungle Surfing is an all-weather activity and we love the rain! The tour will only be cancelled and refunded in extreme conditions such as cyclones or severe electrical storms.
- If it’s raining you will get wet, so please bring a change of clothes for after the tour.